Thursday 29 November 2012

Pod sweet pod

First days of school suck, especially if you don't know anyone in your class.

The first few days are always awkward; where do I sit? Who looks nice enough to talk to me? Did that person just give me a weird look? I knew I shouldn't have worn these psychedelic coloured pants.

I knew there would be some sort of group related work for this program, so I was nervous about starting over and making new friends. So, I figured I would just listen to Tim's lectures, do my work and go home.

However, to my surprise, I did connect with three particular ladies that make coming to school a little less annoying and a lot more fun.

I quickly realized that the three ladies, Sam, Sadie and Luisa, were in the same boat as me. None of us knew anyone or had any experience in the public relations field. Soon enough, small awkward "how are you today" moved to inside jokes about topics we had created throughout the first semester of school.

Embarking on a new experience like this program is both scary and exciting. Scary because I don't know what I'm really getting myself into, but exciting because I'm making real friends (and yes, learning valuable knowledge!) that I can see myself hanging out with long after we graduate. So, the moral of this story is that no matter how scared you may be about new things, always accept them with open arms. We cannot move forward in out lives if we don't take the first step. Try it for yourself, you will learn something new about yourself, and meet some cool people along the way!

 
Sadie, myself & Sam (at our weekly 4 hour design class!)

myself, Luisa, Sadie & Sam making our finest professional faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment